Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Monday, January 12, 2015
These chicken nuggets are a favorite in our house. They taste very similar to Chick-fil-A brand chicken nuggets. Taste for yourself and tell me what you think.
2 pounds (we buy the thin sliced) chicken breast- chopped into bite size peices
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon Chicken rub (when I don't have my own on hand, I use McCormick Grill Mates)
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black Pepper
1 teaspoon Blackened seasoning (we use Old Bay)
2 cups Milk
1/2 teaspoon Frank's hot sauce
Deep fryer with canola oil, heated to full temp. If you have one that's adjustable temperature, heat to 400°.
1. Mix together in one bowl the flour, corn starch, and all the seasonings. In a second bowl, mix together milk, egg, and hot sauce.
2. Cut chicken into bite size peices, working in small batches, toss into milk mixture, and then toss into the flour mixture. Make sure all sides are covered and you have a nice thick layer of flour and seasonings over the chicken.
3. Once covered, gently place into the hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes.
4. When done frying and all chicken pieces float to top, pull out and place on plate covered with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Have you ever had that homemade Mac-n-Cheese that just melts in your mouth and leaves you saying "Blue box who"! This recipe will! Plus it is loaded with fresh veggies, so it is good for you (kind of) too!
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk ( I use almond milk, but you can use regular milk)
- 2 cups shredded Velvetta Sharp Cheddar cheese (we don't like regular Velvetta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 1/2 carrot puree
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut, and steamed
- 1 box elbow noodles
1. Boil pasta according to box directions and drain water off.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and stir in flour over medium heat. Stir in milk until mixed well. Bring to a slow boil and simmer until thick.
3. Stir in cheese and continue to stir for 4 minutes, remove from heat.
4. Stir in Vegetable purees, and pour over pasta. once mixed thoroughly, stir in Broccoli and serve!
You may not use all the cheese sauce, but, if you like it dripping with cheesy-goodness, go ahead, we won't judge!
My kids LOVE this, and ask for it EVERY meatless Monday dinner! Its great for even picky eaters!
<3 6="" mommy="" of="" p="">3>
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Mama Parker's Favorite recipe
Are you ready for the best chocolate chip cookie EVER, the chewiest cookie EVER? This cookie recipe is the ONLY one that my cookie purist will eat!
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag semi-sweet chips
- Mix butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix together.
- Mix dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients and blend well.
- If the dough is crumbly, stir in water 1 teaspoon at a time until it just holds together. The dough should not be sticky.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using ¼ cup measure, scoop out dough and form into a ball. Continue until all dough is balled. Approx 24 cookies.
- Place dough in the freezer for 2 hours or up to 3 months (this is great, because then you only bake what you want, and don't have all those delish cookies lying around just begging to be eaten, speaking from experience here).
- Place frozen cookie onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 min.
- Let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then move off to finish cooling on baker's racks.
Friday, April 12, 2013
Homemade Yogurt (which can then be turned into cream cheese).. Mind blown yet?
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Homemade Instant Oatmeal
Homemade Mixes (Pancake, muffin, quick mix, brownie, and Corn Bread)
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
Homemade Salad Dressing
Homemade Graham Crackers
More to come too!
<3 6="" mommy="" of="" p="">3>
Thursday, April 11, 2013
1 cup finely chopped carrot
1 celery stick, finely chopped (feel free to add more celery if you like celery; I don't, so I don't add much)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
4 cups chicken broth (I usually use a mixture of low-sodium chicken broth and broth made with chicken soup base because it gives it such nice flavor)
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Cheese Burger Soup