Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken!

I am southern, and I love southern food, however I had to come to the conclusion, that when you eat southern food, you gain weight, and LOTS of it!!!  Hence the reason a  true southerner always have hips to prove it!  One southern favorite, is fried chicken!  I LOVE me some fried chicken, however my hips don't!  So I found this easy oven fried chicken recipe on All-recipes.com that was so yummy, and with a few changes, I made it yummier (is that a word?) and a little more healthy for us!

Oven Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
12 chicken thighs

2 eggs
2 Tablespoons Cauliflower Puree
1 Tablespoon Brocolli Puree
1 Tablespoon Corn puree
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup canola oil

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.Place flour in a shallow plate or bowl and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin. Put the bread crumbs in another shallow plate or bowl and the eggs and purees in another bowl and beat together.

3.Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated. Pour the oil into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the chicken to the dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

Mommy of 6 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment