Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Healthy Breakfast

So in case you haven't noticed, I LOVE BREAKFAST!!!  The best meal of the day!  But being from the south, I would love to sit down to a bowl of grits and a huge plateful of biscuits and sausage gravy, with eggs on the side!  However, My hips would NEVER forgive me!  So I try to eat a healthy breakfast, so that I start my day off right.  I found this awesome article the other day with some breakfasts on it.  The author of Eat This, Not That, also has a website, and guess where I found that article....  You got it, on that website!  Here are a few I liked!!!

Quick and Healthy Oatmeal
Ingredients:
1 cup Vanilla Soy milk
1/2 sup Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Blueberries or Raspberries
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup

Directions:
1.Combine milk and oats in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Serve topped with berries and maple syrup.
Only 360.7 calories, 7.4 g fat, 0.6 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 57.9 g Carbs, 17.8 g sugars, 8.1 g dietary fibers, and 18.3g of protein to each serving!

Easy Cheesy Mushroom Scramble
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup pre-sliced fresh mushrooms
1 ounce 2% shredded Mozzarella
1 teaspoon pam cooking spray

1. Crack eggs into bowl, and whisk to break yolks.
2. Add mushrooms and cheese
3. Spray pam on hot pan
4. Add eggs and cook until firm sirring and flipping often.
5. and in my case, I end sharing with at least three of my six kids!  LOL!

293.1 calories, 19.1g fat, 7.2 g saturated fat, 649.7mg cholesterol, sodium 414.2 mg sodium, 3.3 g carbs, 1.7 g sugars, 0.4 g dietary fiber, 28.1 g protein

Hope that helps add to your healthy breakfast recipes!!!
~Mommy of 6 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment