Saturday, August 13, 2011

Asian inspired Bowl!!!

An asian inspired bowl that my sister in law gave me a recipe for ages ago, and I tried it then... and since then have made a few changes!  I have loved it form day one, and thought why change it if I like it...  Well... becuase it did get even better!!!  Amanda and I share recipes all the time, and this one was a big winner in my house!!!  Thank you for awesome Sister inlaws!!!  God blessed me with the best ever!!

Yummy Bowl & Sauce

Layer One - Rice,brown or white
Layer Two - Yummy Sauce
Layer Three - Cheese of choice
Layer Four - Vegetables such as shredded carrots, broccoli slaw, tomatoes, green onions, avocados, olives, etc.
Layer Five - Chicken or other meat of choice
Layer Six - Chopped nuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews, etc.
Layer Five - Teriyaki sauce or other sauce of choice or nothing!

Yummy Sauce
1/2 C canola oil
1/2 C almonds (for a creamier sauce, use almond flour)
1/3 C nutritional yeast (Whole Foods)
1/2 C chickpeas or 1/2 C garbanzo beans, cooked
1/4 C soybeans, cooked
1/2 C filtered water (I just used bottled water)
1/2 C fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp. dried organo
1 tsp dried cilantro

Directions:
Combine almonds, beans and oil in blender or food processor and process. Add all other ingredients and puree until nice and creamy smooth. Cover and let refrigerate for one hour. Keep refrigerated between uses.

Enjoy,
~Mommy of 6 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment