Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I got this recipe originally from Suzanne at a church function (her recipe can be found here)!  I found that it was amazing, and even the pickiest eaters ate it!  So I have tuned it up to fit our family, and am now giving it to all of our friends!


CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST

2 head cauliflower, riced and squeeze all the water out (you want this to look like quinoa)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 egg whites
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsely
1/2 crushed basil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

To prepare cauliflower:  Cut it off the head, and rice in a food processor until mealy. Put in a bowl and cover. Microwave for 10 minutes on high. Use cheese cloth or a paper towel to squeeze out as much water as possible.
 
To assemble:  Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until it represents a dough. Place on a piece of parchment paper sprayed with Pam. Press out and shape into the shape you prefer (we do square). Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with sauce and toppings. Return to oven for approx. 15-20 more minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and starting to brown.
 
Enjoy!!!
<3 6="" font="" mommy="" of="">
 
PS. Wish I had a picture to share, but my hard drive crashed and I lost all the pics!  Sorry!  When I do take another one, I will be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment