Sunday, March 25, 2018

Easter Dinner!

For many generations, My family has always done large dinners for the holidays.  Our family always got together, there was always laughing, board games, and football (for most of them, either on TV or in the yard).  The ladies were always slaving away to produce the most gorgeous meal ever, and the guys were always either watching football, or playing football.  The kids, we were always running around, playing with our cousins, and catching up, until we were called to wash up and eat.  As I got older, and everyone got busier, these traditions stopped.  Cousins stopped coming, uncles weren't around as much, my dad moved away, and it was just mom, Grandma, and my siblings.  Meals were still grand, and I got to help more, but it wasn't the same.  So, when I met my husband, and we moved into our own place, I put it in my mind that I was going to pick these traditions back up.  So every holiday, I go all out, making the grand meal I remember my mom and Grandma making, I invite both of our families, and we celebrate! It is by far my favorite part of the holidays! We believe there is something special about that time together as a family.  
Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE holidays! All of them! I also LOVE cooking and baking and it truly makes my heart sing, when I get to cook for others.  We always go way out, most of the time making way too much food, but....
I LOVE IT! 

So This year, I just revised my Easter Dinner Menu so here is this years menu!  I will be sharing some of our favorite recipes too! So watch for those! 
What kind of things do you like to have for your holiday feasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment