Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mexican Sweet Corn Cake

Ok, so we were at Chevy's the other day, and on my plate was this gorgeous scoop of this sweet corn pudding like substance, oh man it was to die for.  My husband, do to his I-Can't-Eat-Mushy complex thought it was gross, but then again he doesn't like cornbread either, I know GASP!!!  What weirdo doesn't eat cornbread, only the best cake like bread ont his earth!  :)  This corn pudding reminded me of the one my great grandma used to make.  IT WAS DELISH!  I remember this when I was little, but I don't remember her making it any more once I got older.  I think she called hers a corn souffle'.  LOL!  So I came up with my own recipe, and I LOVED IT, however only two of my kids liked it.  I think they may have that same complex the mister has!  LOL!  So here is the recipe:

Mexican Sweet Corn Cake

Ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, softened
1/2 c self rising corn flour
1/4 cup yellow corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1-14 3/4 oz can of creamed corn
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the softened butter, corn flour, corn meal, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl until the butter is well mixed.
2. In a separate bowl mix together corn, milk, and honey.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir again.
4. Spray a 8x8 pan with cooking spray, and pour mixture into pan.  Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until set, the cake will still be a little moist but not soaked.  serves 6-8
ENJOY~
Mommy of 6 <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment