Sunday, March 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cookies

I am finding that my best of friends is wearing off on me.  But not in a bad way, just healthier.  They are gluten free, and I have envied them for obeying all the bi-laws, as I love my flour far too much to go completely gluten free.  But a recipe here and there is pretty yummy.  This is one of those that I have come to love.  Her husband and mine even like them, and neither of them know it is gluten free!  LOL!  It can be our little secret!

Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cookies
Picture courtesy of "Delshad Duo" blog as well!


Ingredients:

1 C. Natural, Creamy Peanut Butter (the kind with peanuts as the only ingredient, I found that if you use the store bought kind the cookie don't set up as nicely)
2/3 C. Honey
1 Egg, beaten
1 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Salt (omit if using peanut butter that contains salt)
1 C. Oats ( I grind mine in a food processor or blender to make it fine)
Coarse Sugar (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the peanut butter, honey, egg, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oats.
3. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls (if desired, roll the dough balls in sugar - this creates a nice crunchy crust).
4. Place the dough balls on the lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.

Original recipe from "The Delshad Duo" blog ~Thank you Ashlie and Alfred
~Enjoy, Mommy of 6 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment