Monday, May 9, 2011

Retro?

With Mother's day gone and past (it got me wondering as I was searching in my great grandma's 1942 Betty Crocker cookbook for a cake recipe) what era was my favorite?  Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE RETRO!!!  I love anything retro: clothes, patterns, styles, decor, cookbooks, etc.  I once purchased twenty retro (circa 1950-1960) cookbooks from a garage sale, becuase they were retro.  I didn't even give them a look as to if they had any recipes in them I could use.  I just wanted them.  Needless to say there were tons of recipes I could use!  SCORE 1 for this mommy! 

So this comes down to my question:
What is your favorite era for recipes?
This is a 1969 Betty Crocker cookbook, better known as the "Pie" Cover!
Trust me I am on the look-out for this baby too!

Please comment below, so we can read your responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment